Sales Order Processing
Prices start at £0! for customers taking up our flexible monthly support contract,
from £18.50 ex VAT a month for a single user.
- Full-functioned Sales Order Management system for all sales of 'stock' and 'non-stock' items.
- Stand-alone or fully integrated with Maxton Sales Ledger and also optionally with the Maxton Stock Control and Maxton Job-costing modules.
- Orders created in detail or in summary form on-screen using stock items, non-stock items or plain text lines. Includes automatic numbering, discounts, descriptions and settlement discount.
- All order transactions may be viewed, modified, printed and or deleted up to the point when the goods are marked despatched. Stock Control and /or Job-costing is updated in real-time at this point (or by batch if required).
- Additional lines or items can be added to the order at any time.
- Orders may be searched for by customer, date or by 'key-word search'.
- The sales invoice can be automatically created from the order, the system will then post an Invoice transaction directly on to the customers' account in the sales ledger to await payment. The original order is then (optionally) archived and removed from the list of current orders.
- Order archive for all fulfilled or deleted orders. Any number of years including full order line-detail and account history. Searching facilities included.
- Management reports for current orders including: outstanding orders report, nominal summary report, despatched goods not invoiced report and order transaction analysis.
- Archived/fulfilled Orders may be searched for by customer, date or by 'key-word search'.
- Management reports for archived/fulfilled orders including: report on all orders, nominal summary report, deleted orders report and customer order turnover.
- Optional special systems are available to allow all sales orders/despatches tagged with a particular job-cost code to be grouped together on one sales invoice.
- Built-in self-audit and status report on file consistency. Automatic data-recovery in the event of hardware failure or power failure.
- Options for Networking, Multi-company, Multi-currency and Multi-user.
- Optional integration with Stock Control, Job-Costing and General Ledger. Many other 'custom' links are available.
There are too many features and options to list here. Please contact us if any feature that you are interested in is not listed above.
System design philosophy.
The Maxton Sales Order Processing system is designed as an 'open item' ledger including (optionally) an archive for each year and various other history files. All orders and credit-orders and the resulting invoices and credits are entered straight into their respective day-books where they show immediately on the customers' accounts etc. However, these new postings are held in a 'batch' where they can be modified or deleted at will. The 'batch' can cover any time period from one day to many months. This is especially helpful if a mistake is found in an entry, say a wrong date has been entered or an order was entered to the wrong customer's account. The correction can be made by editing the existing entry.
Each year's deleted or fulfilled order-transaction history is held in a separate file. These files can be deleted to save space or can be stored indefinitely. When stored as part of the system, the archives allow a history of a customer's account to be printed stretching back for years, even to the point when the system was set up. A second very useful result is that an order in any of the stored years can be called up (by customer, order number or by key-word search) and printed or displayed showing all its 'drill-down' detail including order-quantity, supplied-quantity, product, vat and nominal codes as well as item pricing.
The Maxton Book-keeping modules are designed to work together in an integrated fashion to provide a complete management system.
For most businesses there are no practical limits or restrictions. The Maxton Sales Order Processing module is not limited too, but works best where you have no more than 12,000 suppliers, each of which has no more than 5,000 transactions in any one year. Total transactions in any month are best kept below 10,000. The standard system allows up to 50 lines on one order.
Click here for more pricing options.